USC - Graduate Association of Students in Psychology
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
What is GASP?
The USC Graduate Association of Students in Psychology seeks to make life easier for graduate students in the psychology department.
How do I join?
If you are a psychology graduate student, you are a member whether you like it or not. But you should still subscribe to our list serv (gasp dash l at usc dot edu) in order to receive important emails.
Also, if you are new, consider this page... How to survive in graduate school
We often have happy hours at places like Lola's, El Cholo, and La Barca. Subscribe to the list for details. We also schedule free lunches on wednesday afternoons each month. Each year, we hold a quiz bowl where we attempt to show up the professors.
- Free Lunch - 1 Wednesday each month
- USC Psych Department Coffee Hour - Free Coffee/Pastries/Fruit for Students & Faculty on Weds Mornings
- Quiz Bowl - Faculty vs. Students Jeopardy each semester
Who is in charge of GASP?
- Houri Hintiryan, President
- Louise Cosand, Vice President
- Nicholas Foster, Treasurer
- Nayena Blankson, Secretary
- Area Representatives
- Brain & Cognitive: Urvi Patel
- Clinical Science: Patricia George
- 1st Year Clinical Science: Lauren Ng
- Developmental: Carlyn Carter
- Quantitative: Marie Ng
- Social Psychology: Ravi Iyer
Some Fun photos
Eddie Vazquez, who lost 3 of his fingers in a childhood Jenga accident, enjoys Lunch with GASP.