Romantic Beliefs Scale
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
"To develop and to validate a new romanticism scale, and to identify patterns of association among romanticism, gender and gender-role orientation." "Love as the ideology of romanticism has recently been distinguished from other approaches to love, particularly love as the subjective feelings associated with a particular partner or ongoing relationship." There are four factors: "Love Finds a Way, One and Only, Idealization, and Love at First Sight." "Findings are discussed as a function of both social structure and personal predispositions."
- 32 items
- 4 factors: Loves find a way, One and only, Idealization, Love at First Sight
- "5-point response scale that ranged from strong agreement to strong disagreement"
- "The results provided strong support for the validity and reliability of the Romantic Beliefs Scale, as well as for the four beliefs comprising the scale."
- "I need to know someone for a period of time before I fall in love with him or her."
- "I believe to be truly in love is to be in love forever."
- "The relationship I will have with my true love will be nearly perfect."
- "I am likely to fall in love almost immediately if I meet the right person."