Life Meaning Measurement
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
"This paper's purpose was to describe an interview which purports to survey some important areas in life meanings. The Life-meanings Survey is a semi-structured, depth interview which has been used to assess the outcomes of various humanistically oriented, confluent educational projects."
- Interview of 45-90 min.
- 5 subscales- Intentions, Significance, Symbols, Sense, and Relationship to Current Project.
- What are your goals, aims or purposes in life?
- Do you set goals, have aims or purposes in your life?
- What are the things in life that really matter or are worthwhile to you?
- To what extent are you making progress in fulfilling these life goals, aims or purposes?
- What symbols are especially important to you?
- E.g. Christmas tree, a Cross, a flag, nature, music, art, the peace sign.
- Can you make sense of yourself?
- Can you make sense of the world?
Relationship to Current Project
- Have you heard these questions or ones like them before?
- Considering the present project as a total experiences a whole-what effect did it have on your answers to these life-meanings questions?