Difficulties in Emotion Regulation Scale
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
This paper proposes an integrative conceptualization of emotion regulation as involving the modulation of emotional arousal, acceptance of emotions, and the ability to act in desired ways regardless of emotional state.
- 41 total items
- 6 subscales- Nonacceptance, Goals, Impulse, Awareness, Srategies, Clarity
Nonacceptance of Emotional Responses (NONACCEPTANCE)
- When I’m upset, I feel guilty for feeling that way.
- When I’m upset, I feel ashamed with myself for feeling that way.
Difficulties Engaging in Goal-Directed Behavior (GOALS)
- When I’m upset, I have difficulty concentrating.
- When I’m upset, I have difficulty focusing on other things.
Impulse Control Difficulties (IMPULSE)
- When I’m upset, I lose control over my behaviors.
- When I’m upset, I have difficulty controlling my behaviors.
Lack of Emotional Awareness (AWARENESS)
- I am attentive to my feelings.
- I pay attention to how I feel.
Limited Access to Emotion Regulation Strategies (STRATEGIES)
- When I’m upset, I believe that wallowing in it is all I can do.
- When I’m upset, it takes me a long time to feel better.
Lack of Emotional Clarity (CLARITY)
- I have no idea how I am feeling.
- I am confused about how I feel.